umlauts in File names

Stephan Aßmus superstippi at gmx.de
Tue Apr 23 07:11:28 PDT 2013

Hi Alan,

On 23.04.2013 15:32, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 23/04/2013 14:09, Hendrik Schreiber wrote:
>> does anybody know the status/bug id of the "Umlauts in filenames lead
>> to FileNotFoundException"-bug.
>> I was unable to find it via "site:bugs.sun.com apple file umlaut".
>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7193966 seems
>> related, but not spot on.
>>
>> I'm using 1.7.0_21 and it looks like the bug is still present.
>
> I don't think there are any 7uX builds with the changes that help this.
> The changes have been in jdk8 for some time. Can you try a preview build
> of jdk8 and see if that addresses the issues you are seeing?

I just realized that our conversation was off-list. :-\ Sorry, I meant
to reply to the list.

I just looked and there doesn't seem to be an option to convince
Thunderbird to reply to all recipients of the original mail by default.

In any case, I can confirm the problem exists in JDK 7u21 and is fixed
in JDK8.

Best regards,
-Stephan