Splash screen border

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Mon Apr 29 04:50:52 PDT 2013

Hi Robert,

OpenJDK has never displayed a border for splash screens on any
platforms. This is because a splash screen image may not be rectangular,
may be colored differently in various applications, or even be
semi-transparent. Showing a solid rectangular border around it might not
look good in all cases.

When porting OpenJDK to the Mac platform we decided to keep this
behavior in order to allow Java applications to look the same on all
platforms supported by OpenJDK. If your application requires a border
around your splash screen, then you should update the images you use to
display the splash screen.

--
best regards,
Anthony