[8] Request for review: 8008660 : Failure in 2D Queue Flusher thread on Mac

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Fri Feb 22 10:05:36 PST 2013

Hello,
Please review the fix for jdk 8. Fix will be ported to jdk7 as well.
There is a few problems:
1 To eliminate the crash we should check that the system return correct
CGLConfigInfofrom in CGLGraphicsConfig.getConfig(). (see
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6755274)
2 Requested opengl attributes are too strict, so we cannot fail-back to
the "software renderer".
Next attrs were removed:
NSOpenGLPFANoRecovery, -> if an accelerated renderer fails due to lack
of resources, OpenGL automatically switches to another renderer.
NSOpenGLPFAAccelerated, -> accelerated renderers are still preferred.
NSOpenGLPFAFullScreen,  -> we don't use this functionality.

Also in this code we try to mix "CoreGraphics display id" and "Screen
index". Currently we never use "screen index" so all related code was
removed/renamed to be more obvious.

Bug: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8008660
Webrev can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8008660/webrev.00

--