Application/screen menu bar bug with JDK 7

Davin McCall davmac at davmac.org
Thu Feb 28 05:35:03 PST 2013

We have an application which uses the applicaiton-wide menu bar, by
setting the apple.laf.useScreenMenu system property to true. We have
discovered that disposing any JFrame which has a non-null menu bar
causes the menus to disappear from the menu bar (until you switch to
another application and back). The bug is present in JDK 7u15.

I reported the bug (along with a self-contained example demonstrating
the behavior) last week, using bugs.sun.com, but I haven't received any
response yet. Is there somewhere else I should be reporting bugs?

Thanks,

Davin