=== CALL FOR SPEAKERS -- JVM LANGUAGE SUMMIT, July 2011 ===

Jim Laskey jlaskey at me.com
Wed Apr 27 17:10:09 PDT 2011

Dear colleague;

We are pleased to announce the 2010 JVM Language Summit to be held at
Oracle's Santa Clara campus on July 18-20, 2010. Registration is now
open for speaker submissions (presentations and workshops) and will be
opening for general attendance shortly. Speaker registration will
close on May 27, 2010, and general registration will open on May 16.

The JVM Language Summit is an open technical collaboration among
language designers, compiler writers, tool builders, runtime
engineers, and VM architects. We will share our experiences as
creators of programming languages for the JVM and of the JVM itself.
We also welcome non-JVM developers on similar technologies to attend
or speak on their runtime, VM, or language of choice.

The format this year will be similar to last year; we've divided the
schedule equally between traditional presentations and "Workshops".
Workshops are informal, facilitated discussion groups among smaller,
self-selected participants, and should enable "deeper dives" into the
subject matter. There will also be impromptu "lightning talks".

We encourage speakers to submit both a presentation and a workshop; we
will arrange to schedule the presentation before the workshop, so that
the presentation can spark people's interest and the workshop will
allow those who are really interested to go deeper into the subject
area. Workshop facilitators may, but are not expected to, prepare
presentation materials, but they should come prepared to guide a deep
technical discussion.

The Summit is being organized by language and JVM engineers; no
marketers involved! So bring your slide rules and be prepared for some
seriously geeky discussions.

The registration page is now open at:

http://registration.jvmlangsummit.com/

If you have any questions, send inquiries to inquire at jvmlangsummit.com.