Standalone Nashorn bound to specific JVM flavors?

Attila Szegedi szegedia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 18:40:49 UTC 2020

I’m happy to expend some effort to make it compatible with other JVMs that people want to use. It’s also entirely possible that there’s nothing specific to do! There’s nothing in Nashorn that depends on HotSpot. Nashorn is written in Java, it generates bytecode, and uses invokedynamic and method handles, which are all part of the standard JVM specification. I’d suggest you try it on OpenJ9 and report back with your findings. As I said, I’m happy to address small snags, and I wouldn’t expect deeper issues.

Attila.