URLConnection.disconnect() Tests

Christopher Hegarty - Sun Microsystems Ireland Christopher.Hegarty at Sun.COM
Tue May 15 03:46:36 PDT 2007

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately we do not currently have a smtp test framework. Any mailto
tests do not actually open a connection, they simply test the URL
syntax. This maybe a useful addition to the test framework, but I
suspect outside the scope of this 'Request for Enhancement'. I am
assuming this query is in relation to CR 6313849 - "Provide API to
close/disconnect an UrlConnection".

In this situation, for the mailto handler, I think that we can test the
changes manually against an independent smtp server, and not provide an
automatic testcase.

As far as ftp is concerned, our preference is to use the ftp framework
in test/sun/net/www/ftptest.

Thank you for your interest in working on this change and we look
forward to receiving your code submission in the near future.

Regards,
-Chris.