Request for comments: Bug 6306820

Richard Kennard richard at kennardconsulting.com
Sat May 19 17:17:09 PDT 2007

Alan,

 > It's good to see you are persevering with this one.

Yes, though I confess after 18 months I would like to see it resolved,
and I seem to receive more questions than answers! To that end, may I
request you agree to each point, one at a time, before moving on to the
next? Today's point:

UTILITY CLASS v REGULAR CLASS

You suggest a utility class because 'many of the operations are
map-like'. As I tried to demonstrate, though, the map-like operations
are very unwieldy because we are dealing with a Map<String,
List<String>>. I could also move 'addParameter( Map<String,
List<String>> map, String name, String value )', 'removeParameter', etc.
into the utility class, and all the rest, but then that starts to look ugly?

So, can we agree a regular class is better than a utility class?

Regards,

Richard.