Code review request, 8020842 IDN do not throw IAE when hostname ends with a trailing dot

Xuelei Fan Xuelei.Fan at Oracle.Com
Tue Aug 6 08:25:31 PDT 2013

On Aug 6, 2013, at 23:08, Weijun Wang <weijun.wang at oracle.com> wrote:

> I am not sure if IDN.java is the correct place to change. At least I've seen trailing dots in DNS entries. So maybe it's not so illegal.

Per RFC 1034, a domain name cannot end with dot.  I will check other related specifications.  What's the case you saw with trailing dots?

Thanks,
Xuelei