RFR(L): 8031581: PPC64: Addons and fixes for AIX to pass the jdk regression tests

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Jan 20 03:41:48 PST 2014

On 20/01/2014 09:59, Volker Simonis wrote:
> :
> Hi Alan,
>
> yes, that's interesting. Sounds like a very similar problem on Mac.
>
> I would suggest the following:
>
> I cut out the "Async Close AIX FIX" stuff from this change (i.e.
> "8031581: PPC64: Addons and fixes for AIX to pass the jdk regression
> tests" and send out a new webrev for the remaining part. I think that
> the remaining part was more or less reviewed and we can then push it
> faster.
>
> In the mean time, I'll recheck which tests exactly fail with my
> missing "Async Close AIX FIX" stuff and which of these tests will be
> fixed by your 7133499 webrev. Maybe we can really get trough with it
> or with it and a few enhancements. I'll let you know my results later
> today. By the way, my webrev already contained a AixNativeThread.c
> implementation in src/aix/native/sun/nio/ch.
>
> The only remaining problem I see with this approach is that we would
> need to downport your 7133499 change to 8u-dev in the 8u20 time frame
> to make our AIX port work. Would this be OK for you?

I'm okay with this plan and if you re-generate the webrev without the
async close changes then I can look at it quickly so that you can get it
into the stage-9 forest.

On 7133499 then it would be a good candidate for 8u-dev too, I don't
expect any problems but we will need to get it approved on the jdk8u-dev
list.

-Alan.