RFR(L): 8031581: PPC64: Addons and fixes for AIX to pass the jdk regression tests

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 05:45:12 PST 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote:
> On 20/01/2014 09:59, Volker Simonis wrote:
>>
>> :
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> yes, that's interesting. Sounds like a very similar problem on Mac.
>>
>> I would suggest the following:
>>
>> I cut out the "Async Close AIX FIX" stuff from this change (i.e.
>> "8031581: PPC64: Addons and fixes for AIX to pass the jdk regression
>> tests" and send out a new webrev for the remaining part. I think that
>> the remaining part was more or less reviewed and we can then push it
>> faster.
>>
>> In the mean time, I'll recheck which tests exactly fail with my
>> missing "Async Close AIX FIX" stuff and which of these tests will be
>> fixed by your 7133499 webrev. Maybe we can really get trough with it
>> or with it and a few enhancements. I'll let you know my results later
>> today. By the way, my webrev already contained a AixNativeThread.c
>> implementation in src/aix/native/sun/nio/ch.
>>
>> The only remaining problem I see with this approach is that we would
>> need to downport your 7133499 change to 8u-dev in the 8u20 time frame
>> to make our AIX port work. Would this be OK for you?
>>
> I'm okay with this plan and if you re-generate the webrev without the async
> close changes then I can look at it quickly so that you can get it into the
> stage-9 forest.
>
> On 7133499 then it would be a good candidate for 8u-dev too, I don't expect
> any problems but we will need to get it approved on the jdk8u-dev list.
>
> -Alan.

Hi everybody,

so here's the second version of this webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/8031581_2/

The main changes compared to the first webrew are as follows:

 - the POLL-constants related stuff has been factored out into its own
webrev ("8031997: PPC64: Make the various POLL constants system
dependant" - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8031997).
 - the "Async close on AIX" workarounds have been taken out as well
and will be handled separately (probably together with Alans fix for
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/7133499/webrev/).

 - in the remaining files I've applied the changes suggested by
Staffan, so I think the changes to the following files can be
considered as reviewed:

src/share/native/sun/management/DiagnosticCommandImpl.c
src/solaris/native/sun/management/OperatingSystemImpl.c
src/share/transport/socket/socketTransport.c
src/share/classes/sun/tools/attach/META-INF/services/com.sun.tools.attach.spi.AttachProvider

 - I've added the following additional files to the change:

src/aix/classes/sun/nio/ch/sctp/SctpChannelImpl.java
src/aix/classes/sun/nio/ch/sctp/SctpMultiChannelImpl.java
src/aix/classes/sun/nio/ch/sctp/SctpServerChannelImpl.java

which are just empty stub implementations of the SCTP classes needed
to pass the SCTP jtreg tests.

All other changes should be the same like in the first review round.

Thanks,
Volker