Ping - RFR 8158023: SocketExceptions contain too little information sometimes

ecki at zusammenkunft.net ecki at zusammenkunft.net
Wed Jun 1 07:33:09 UTC 2016

Hello,

Since nobody commented, here is my non binding comment:

I am not sure which Exception call-site actually improved (i.e. added the error code)? I would split out the improvement of this/those throws and the refacturing of the code. Personally I would prefer to keep the NET_ variant and adjust the native utilities to remove code duplication.

Does your new version still contain the nummric error code (os error messages are unfortunatelly translated).

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net