[XS] RFR: 8209994: windows: Java_java_net_NetworkInterface_getAll misses releasing interface-list

Baesken, Matthias matthias.baesken at sap.com
Tue Aug 28 07:19:19 UTC 2018

> the change looks good but I think you should also initialize 'ifList'
> in 'Java_java_net_NetworkInterface_getAll()' with NULL otherwise its
> value is undefined and if 'enumInterfaces()' returns with an error
> without assigning 'ifList' you may end up calling 'free_netif()' with
> an undefined, non-NULL value.

Hi Volki,
     looking at the coding, your sceanario ***should*** not happen ;  however to be on the safe side it is for sure better to do the initialization
 you propose.

Looking a bit more at the coding,  there is  a  Java_java_net_NetworkInterface_getAll_XP  that has similar issues (missing  free_netif  calls in case of  "early" returns ).
I adjusted this as well  in the second  webrev :

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbaesken/webrevs/8209994.1/

Best regards , Matthias