Simon Roberts simon at dancingcloudservices.com
Tue May 15 13:47:40 UTC 2018

Chris, I'm OK with the idea that the program might be "operating in a
broken environment" but I find it had to accept the idea that "it's not a
crash" as useful. By the time the exception is thrown, I cannot access the
data. Merely telling the caller that there was an inconsistency in the
server (which I think we're assuming is true) has rendered the data
unreachable.

Since every other test mechanism at my disposal survives whatever
inaccuracy the node server is producing, it seems a bit ... well, let's say
"unforgiving" that this code treats it as an unrecoverable failure.

--
Simon Roberts
(303) 249 3613