RFR 8203369 : Check for both EAGAIN and EWOULDBLOCK error codes

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Fri May 25 13:15:01 UTC 2018

Alan,

On 25/05/18 12:27, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 24/05/2018 21:57, Ivan Gerasimov wrote:
>> ..
>> WEBREV: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8203369/00/webrev/
> The changes in 01/webrev look okay to me but I'm curious if there are
> any ports in OpenJDK where the values are different.

HPUX 11.31 ( on Itanium IA-64 ) does indeed have EAGAIN and
EWOULDBLOCK defined to be different values. This is the main
motivation for resolving this issue.

/usr/include/sys/errno.h:#define        EAGAIN          11      /* No
more processes            */
/usr/include/sys/errno.h:#define        EWOULDBLOCK 246     /* Operation
would block */

 > If they are different then I would assume that many tests will fail.

Yes.

-Chris.