RFR 6563286 6797318 8177648 - Undeclared IAE thrown from HttpURLConnection.connect for some URLs

Michael McMahon michael.x.mcmahon at oracle.com
Thu Aug 22 14:47:54 UTC 2019

Getting back to this issue. I have filed a CSR at

for the minor doc/spec change for this.

changing the @throws spec for ProxySelector::select to

|+     * @throws IllegalArgumentException if the argument is null or if
+     *         the protocol or host cannot be determined from the provided
+     *         {@code uri}

I changed the suggested wording slightly as follows: 'from the provided
{@code uri}'

Thanks,
Michael.