Javadoc does not specify... Is null allowed in Files.setAttribute() as an attribute value?

Francis Galiegue fgaliegue at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:38:43 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote:
> On 08/12/2014 15:30, Francis Galiegue wrote:
>>
>> OK, I should really re-read all the javadoc once again (I missed that
>> "empty path" stuff but I ultimately think it's a design error --
>> nevermind).
>
> The empty path is difficult, we didn't original have it but not having it
> lead to way more problems. I don't have time now to go through all the
> history.

I will look it up when I have time, no worries... I won't bug the list
anymore with that ;)

>> In that case, and more generally, why doesn't the JDK use JSR 305?
>>
> If it's not in the JDK then the JDK can't use it.

OK, then I rephrase my question: why isn't JSR 305 in the JDK? It has
been there for a handful of years, is well specified, is used by a
good number of very useful tools, is immensely useful as
documentation, yet it isnt there.

--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue at gmail.com, https://github.com/fge
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com