Announce: JSR 202 resources, call for contributions/help

Francis Galiegue fgaliegue at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 10:43:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote:
[...]
>> And I also have this: https://github.com/java7-fs-more; its goal is to
>> provide path resolution methods, recursive copy/deletion methods etc,
>> making it even easier to use the new API.
>>

> I get a 404 for this link

Sorry for that... That would be https://github.com/fge/java7-fs-more.

Since I am also working on implementing filesystems at the same time
this one sees slow progress for now; but basically the plan for
deletion is to have two modes: fail fast or "try hard". The first
would fail when removing an entry fails, the second would do like rm
-rf, basically, and try and remove as much as it can -- and provide
the user with a report of what has failed and why.

> but I would be interested in your experiences or
> feedback you get on these. We've prototyped providing recursive versions of
> the common operations several times but never came to a conclusion on the
> best way to deal with errors (too many approaches).
>
> If you are interested then the samples that ship with the JDK include
> several that do recursive operations. In sample/nio/file/Copy.java then
> you'll find a tool that is roughly cp [-R -p -i]. Another one is Chmod.java
> that is roughly chmod [-R]. In both cases then the error handling roughly
> matches the equivalent command line tool.

I will! Thank you for the pointers,
--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue at gmail.com, https://github.com/fge
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com