Announce: java7-fs-more 0.1.0

Francis Galiegue fgaliegue at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 11:21:43 UTC 2014

Hello,

Project home: https://github.com/fge/java7-fs-more.
Javadoc: https://fge.github.io/java7-fs-more.

This project aims at providing utility methods to complement the JDK's
Files class mostly and also a few Path related utility method.

In particular:

* recursive copy/deletion (move not implemented yet);
* cross-filesystem path resolution;
* shortcuts to set Unix file permissions (I'm a Unix guy...).

It is, of course, a work in progress and it's only the first version;
nevertheless I am looking for feedback. I do believe it to be useful
enough already that you can use it for your own needs!

It is quite heavily tested; for this I make use of memoryfilesystem
and jimfs, which are two in-memory filesystems with many features:

* memoryfilesystem: https://github.com/marschall/memoryfilesystem
* jimfs: https://github.com/google/jimfs

The documentation is only partially complete, I am aware of it; if you
wish to, please report any inaccuracies/misunderstandings as issues on
the project, not this list!

Thank you for reading, and a merry Christmas and happy new year to all,
--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue at gmail.com, https://github.com/fge
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com