Please test jdk-11-ea+4

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Mar 13 14:09:23 UTC 2018

jdk-11-ea+4 is the latest JDK 11 EA build [1]. It contains significant
changes to SocketChannel and friends to separate the blocking and
non-blocking code paths and also a re-work of asynchronous close. As
discussed here, and summarized in a release note, the changes involve
two subtle behavior changes, namely that configureBlocking may block if
there is a I/O operation in progress, and performing a non-blocking I/O
with the interrupt status set no longer closes the channel. For those
invested in this area, now would be a good time to try out the latest
build to see if you run into any issues.

-Alan

[1] http://jdk.java.net/11/