RFR: 8224974: Implement JEP 352

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 13:57:05 UTC 2019

On 06/08/2019 13:44, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> Ah, that is exactly what I wanted. Good then, scratch the rest of my comments.
> . . .
> I thought that translating two separate (and statically bound) Unsafe calls, hooking them up to
> separate Unsafe leaf entries, and then suddenly going into a single StubRoutine call with dynamic
> argument that dispatches at runtime is a bit awkward. I would have expected it to end up with two
> separate StubRoutines as well. Again, I have no strong opinion about this.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Inertia dictates I leave the stubs as is :-)

> Yes, this looks cleaner. The declarations can be a bit less crowded:
>
>   static address data_cache_writeback()      { return _data_cache_writeback; }
>   static address data_cache_writeback_sync() { return _data_cache_writeback_sync; }
>
>   typedef void (*DataCacheWritebackStub)(void *);
>   static DataCacheWritebackStub DataCacheWriteback_stub()         { return ...
>
>   typedef void (*DataCacheWritebackSyncStub)(bool);
>   static DataCacheWritebackSyncStub DataCacheWritebackSync_stub() { return ...
>   . . .
>>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~adinn/8224974/webrev.11
>
> Looks good.

Ok, I'll fold this and the other format errors you identified into the
next patch.

If I could please get a nod from Alan Bateman (and assuming I don't
receive further comments from other reviewers) I'll push that next patch.

Any more for any more ... ?

regards,

Andrew Dinn