8229280: Test failures on several linux hosts after JDK-8181493

Brian Burkhalter brian.burkhalter at oracle.com
Sat Aug 10 00:05:54 UTC 2019

Here is a potential fix [1] for the issue [2] provoked by the fix for [3]. The change is not to require strict equality in timestamps except for some file system types which are known to support nanosecond precision and are explicitly identified. For non-strict timestamp comparisons, equality is defined by the timestamp read back from the file having a number of trailing zeros which is a multiple of 3, and having a prefix which is equal to a prefix of the same length of the nanosecond precision timestamp.

If there are more file system types which should be added to the list of strictly tested types, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/8229280/webrev.00/
[2] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8229280 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8229280>