RFR: 8264400: (fs) WindowsFileStore equality depends on how the FileStore was constructed

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.java.net
Thu Apr 1 11:17:21 UTC 2021

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 15:36:03 GMT, Brian Burkhalter <bpb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I was not able to test that case yet. Using the VolumeInformation was intended to limit spurious equality.
>
> Can you explain abut DRIVE_REMOTE?

I think the volume type will be DRIVE_REMOTE when the root is a UNC (the constants for the volume types are defined in WIndowsConstants). I'm not 100% sure if the server and share names should be compared with or without regard to case so I think we have a bit more exploration to do there. The DRIVE_FIXED case is clear, and it would be good to at least get that fixed as there has been C:\ vs. c:\ confusion in a number of bug reports.