Source code for JavaFX UI controls now available on openjfx

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:04:28 PST 2011

Il giorno 02/dic/2011, alle ore 23:56, Richard Bair ha scritto:
> Great! And with that the doors are open for business :-)
>
> We're happy for all sorts of patches, from performance to documentation to bug fixes to general cleanup. You'll want to post such things to this list for now, while we expect there to be a controls specific list setup sometime soonish.
>
> The following query exposes the list of bugs and features for UI controls presently targeted at 2.1. Of course if you have bugs you want to fix that are not in this list, you can certainly head for those as well. http://javafx-jira.kenai.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+RT+AND+issuetype+not+in+%28Sub-task%29+AND+status+%21%3D+New+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.1%22+AND+component+%3D+Control+ORDER+BY+key+DESC
>
> Probably it is easiest to start in on something minor to get your feet wet (and ours too) in the whole process.
>
> You can see the OpenJDK rules and bylaws (http://openjdk.java.net/bylaws). Basically, we ask people to initially contribute patches, and after some number of non-trivial patches, if you're interested, we can call a vote to give you commit privileges. As a rule of thumb this takes about 3 months -- our desire is to hand commit rights out only to those who have shown a strong commitment to the project. Along these lines, we have not given commit rights to all of our own developers either, only those who have similarly been actively involved in committing code into JavaFX.
>
> Let's get started!
>
> Cheers
> Richard
>
> On Dec 2, 2011, at 2:42 PM, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
>
>> The Mercurial repositories are now populated with the source code for the JavaFX UI Controls. You can clone the repository at:
>>
>> hg clone http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/2.1/master/rt
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> --
>> Kevin Rushforth
>> JavaFX Team

Maybe the first thing to know is how to build it :)

Cheers,
Mario
---
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

http://www.ladybug-studio.com

IcedRobot: www.icedrobot.org
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org