[8u-dev announce] Future contributions to openjfx/8u-dev

Tom Schindl tom.schindl at bestsolution.at
Fri Jan 18 08:27:42 UTC 2019

Hi,

Is there any documentation how the current javafxports mirror repository
got created?

Some of our customer projects are going to be stuck on JavaFX-8 for the
forseeable future and while we won't sign up for providing general
support for JavaFX-8 it would be good to have a central place one can
fork JavaFX-8 from.

Having a central place would allow (at least in theory) that
modifications and patches from different people can be merged without to
much manual work.

Tom

On 08.01.19 00:01, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
> I'm not sure that an 8u-dev mirror would be suitable for the javafxports
> project, but if someone wanted to set up such a mirror elsewhere they
> could do so. It might be best left to the future maintainer (if any
> suitable party steps forward) to determine whether and where to host a
> git mirror.
>
> -- Kevin
>

> On 12/21/2018 1:39 PM, Tom Schindl wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could we get a mirror of 8u setup for github as well? I wanted to ask
>> for that since some time but always forgot to do so.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On 21.12.18 22:32, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
>>> As has been previously announced [1][2], Oracle will no longer
>>> contribute to the JDK 8 Updates Project after the January 2019 quarterly
>>> CPU release of JDK 8u202. Since JavaFX for JDK 8 is delivered as a part
>>> of the JDK, Oracle will also no longer contribute to the OpenJFX 8u-dev
>>> code line (8u-dev/rt repo) after JDK 8u202 ships.
>>>
>>> This means that Oracle will be stepping down as the maintainer of the
>>> openjfx/8u-dev code line after January, and will call for a new
>>> maintainer. If a suitable party steps forward to maintain the OpenJFX 8
>>> Updates code line after the final Oracle-led JDK 8 Update release has
>>> been published, we will discuss how to best enable such a transition on
>>> this Project's mailing list.
>>>
>>> I wanted to send this before the holidays, although I realize it might
>>> get lost in the shuffle, so I will resend it after the first of the
>>> year, along with a formal call for interested parties who wish to put
>>> their name forward as a maintainer for the openjfx/8u-dev release.
>>>
>>> -- Kevin
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8u-dev/2018-March/007341.html
>>> [2]