RFR: 8238755: allow to create static lib for javafx.media on linux

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.java.net
Mon Feb 10 20:58:32 UTC 2020

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 12:26:53 GMT, Johan Vos <jvos at openjdk.org> wrote:

> * add support for the "resource" protocol (which is used in the GraalVM URLs pointing to statically bundled resources)
> * avoid duplicate symbols with different gst plugins
> * statically register gst plugins

I added a comment about using an ifdef for `GSTREAMER_LITE` in one of the modified files (the others are fine, since those files are entirely FX_specific).

One other question: do you need any changes in [ConnectionHolder.java](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/blob/c334ba810293683b7e510a91be3496f7a872c574/modules/javafx.media/src/main/java/com/sun/media/jfxmedia/locator/ConnectionHolder.java)? That class checks for URL scheme to determine whether a URL is seekable.

modules/javafx.media/src/main/native/gstreamer/gstreamer-lite/gstreamer/gst/gst.c line 125:

> 124:
> 125: #ifdef STATIC_BUILD
> 126: gboolean fxplugins_init (GstPlugin * plugin);

I think this should also be qualified by `GSTREAMER_LITE` to indicate that it is a JavaFX-specific modification.