RFR: 8272870: Add convenience factory methods for border and background [v2]

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.java.net
Fri Sep 3 21:11:08 UTC 2021

Since the `Background` constructors take a list of `Paint` objects, I think saying a "single" `{@code Paint}` is helpful. I can see how adding "for `BackgroundFill`" (or maybe "as a `BackgroundFill`"?) might make it clearer.

> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/scene/layout/Background.java line 361:
>
>> 359:      *
>> 360:      * @implSpec This call is equivalent to {@code new Background(new BackgroundFill(fill, null, null));}.
>> 361:      * @param fill the fill of the background
>
> `@param fill Any Paint. If null, the value Color.TRANSPARENT is used.`
>
> Picked from BackgroundFill constructor's doc

Good idea to indicate what happens on `null`, although that might be better in the description?