RFR: 8273485: Deadlock when also using Swing and exiting Fullscreen on Mac [v4]

Florian Kirmaier fkirmaier at openjdk.java.net
Tue Sep 21 11:25:46 UTC 2021

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:22:32 GMT, Florian Kirmaier <fkirmaier at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> When using Swing it's possible to generate a Deadlock.
>>  It's related to the nested eventloop started in enterFullScreenExitingLoop - and the RenderLock aquired when using setView in Scene.
>>  Sample Programm and Threaddump are added to the ticket.
>>
>> Removing the nested loop fixes the Problem.
>> I hope this doesn't have any side effect - so far i don't know of any.
>
> Florian Kirmaier has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   JDK-8273485
>   small cleanup of the changes.

Thank you for searching the original reason for the nested event loop!

I've now tested the class from the ticket, and for mit it works. The only strange thing is, that i get a "beep" sound when closing. Which isn't optimal but not the reported crash. Which is kinda unfortunate, because otherwise it might be easy to write a unit test.
Did you test the latest version of the PR?

I guess now i have to think of another fix, or on how do adapt this one.