RFR: 8214158: Implement HostServices.showDocument on macOS without calling AWT [v4]

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.java.net
Thu Sep 30 12:07:38 UTC 2021

On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 13:20:08 GMT, Michael Paus <mpaus at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Fixes the issue by using the "open" command as discussed before.
>> See: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8214158
>
> Michael Paus has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Move test to subfolder HostServices

Both the fix and the test look good. I left two minor formatting comments, but I'll approve it as-is. If you want to fix them, I'll re-approve.

tests/manual/desktop/HostServices/HostServicesShowDocumentTest.java line 42:

> 40:     private final static String testHtmlUri = new File("test.html").toURI().toString();
> 41:     private final static String testTxtUri  = new File("test.txt").toURI().toString();
> 42:     private final static String testCsvUri  = new File("test.csv").toURI().toString();

Minor: the preferred order for modifiers is `private static final`.

tests/manual/desktop/HostServices/test.txt line 2:

> 1: TXT Test
> 2: Test page for HostServices.showDocument.

Minor: It doesn't show up in the UI, but this file doesn't have a newline at the end of file