[foreign-abi] [Rev 01] RFR: 8241712: AArch64: TestDowncall fails with IllegalArgumentException: No ABI attribute present

Nick Gasson ngasson at openjdk.java.net
Mon Mar 30 08:15:02 UTC 2020

> Tests cases where the structure has an initial floating point element followed by padding fail with this exception. The
> padding element doesn't have the NATIVE_TYPE attribute.
>   test TestDowncall.testDowncall("f0_V_S_FD", VOID, [STRUCT], [FLOAT, DOUBLE]): failure
>   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No ABI attribute present
>           at jdk.incubator.foreign/jdk.incubator.foreign.SystemABI$Type.lambda$fromLayout$0(SystemABI.java:195)
>           at java.base/java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Optional.java:401)
>           at jdk.incubator.foreign/jdk.incubator.foreign.SystemABI$Type.fromLayout(SystemABI.java:195)
>           at
>           jdk.incubator.foreign/jdk.internal.foreign.abi.aarch64.CallArranger.isHomogeneousFloatAggregate(CallArranger.java:207)
>           at jdk.incubator.foreign/jdk.internal.foreign.abi.aarch64.CallArranger.classifyStructType(CallArranger.java:220)

Nick Gasson has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Fix data types in test struct

  Should be a struct of all floating point types to trigger the bug.

  Change-Id: I38659b3a674519109cf2049236715837d78a0d1d

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/panama-foreign/pull/70/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/panama-foreign/pull/70/files/aee157e7..5db5e99b

Webrevs: