[vector] Vector API is integerated(Internet mail)

jiefu(傅杰) jiefu at tencent.com
Wed Oct 14 23:24:56 UTC 2020

Good news!
Thank you so much, Paul.
I'll create a PR to fix the AVX-512 issue against the jdk main repo soon.

Best regards,
Jie

On 2020/10/15, 6:55 AM, "panama-dev on behalf of Paul Sandoz" <panama-dev-retn at openjdk.java.net on behalf of paul.sandoz at oracle.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    The Vector API is now integrated, as an incubating module, into the main JDK repository.

    A multi-year multi-org multi-person effort has reached the end of the beginning. Much respect to all involved.

    There is more to do :-)

    Short term, before ramp down phase 1 of JDK 16 [1], we need to sweep up some trailing issues. Jie, Ningsheng, thanks for waiting, feel free to create PRs for x86 AVX-512 and ARM SVE issues against the main repo.

    Longer term there are a few focus areas such as masking, loops with masks, the important connection with Project Valhalla, x86 stubs for transcendental functions, and the ongoing focus on code generation and performance. Contributions of data-parallel algorithms as JMH benchmarks are especially welcome.

    Paul.

    [1] https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/16/