[foreign-memaccess+abi] RFR: 8262118: Specialize upcalls [v2]

Jorn Vernee jvernee at openjdk.java.net
Mon Feb 22 15:05:56 UTC 2021

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 14:26:23 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadamore at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Okay, I've added another test file called TestMatrix that contains all the configurations. This is not run by default, but could be run in isolation to shake out issues.
>
> I meant having a different data provider which tests every combo, by first setting JDK parameter, then creating downcall/upcall

Hmm, would need to re-write the linker to query the property every time when linking, instead of initializing it once when the class is initialized. (I don't think it's possible to run tests in different forks with just TestNG). Seems like using a separate test file is more straight-forward? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but the result seems more or less the same.