Unreasonable size of jextract tool

Glavo zjx001202 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 16:26:31 UTC 2021

I noticed that the jextract tool uses libclang to parse C code. On windows,
the libclang.dll size is 67.8m, even the compressed size is about 25m. This
makes the size of openjdk compressed package expand by 27.78%, the
decompressed volume of openjdk expand by 34%.
For a tool that is not commonly used, I think this is very unreasonable.
Should we consider reducing its size in some way or distributing it as a
stand-alone tool rather than as part of the JDK?