[security-dev 01726]: Code Review: 6614957, 6771432, 6766775

Christopher Hegarty - Sun Microsystems Ireland Christopher.Hegarty at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 22 09:01:31 PDT 2010

Hi Andrew, Michael,

This review is to forward port the following three bugs from 6uXX to JDK7:
   6614957: HttpsURLConnection not using the set SSLSocketFactory for
            creating all its Sockets
   6771432: createSocket() - smpatch fails using 1.6.0_10 because of
            "Unconnected sockets not implemented"
   6766775: X509 certificate hostname checking is broken in JDK1.6.0_10

The source changes are identical to what we have in JDK6uXX.
The tests come from 6uXX verbatim with minimal changes (license header,
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl ->
sun.net.ssl.SSLSocketImpl). I plan to integrate all three bugs together
since they directly impact on each other.

Please let me know if you require more information to be able to review.

-Chris.