[8] Code Review Request for 8005117: Eliminate dependency from ConfigSpiFile to com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Wed Dec 19 13:35:33 PST 2012

For JEPs 161 and 162, we need to remove or deprecate undesirable
dependencies from the compact1 profile.

One of these is the dependency on com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile
from sun.security.provider.ConfigSpiFile.

The proposed fix moves the guts of the ConfigFile implementation to
sun.security.provider.ConfigSpiFile, and changes ConfigFile such that it
is simply a wrapper around ConfigSpiFile.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mullan/webrevs/8005117/webrev.00/
bug: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8005117

I've added the noreg-cleanup label to the bug since no new functionality
is being added.

Thanks,
Sean