Code Review Request for 7146728 and 7130959

Brad Wetmore bradford.wetmore at oracle.com
Fri Mar 2 17:31:51 PST 2012

DHKeyAGreement.java
===================
Mainly just a request for some additional commenting so the reader
doesn't have to have a good understanding of the BigInteger logic to
understand the assumptions being made here:

     For example, if the expected bits of the modulus is
     1024 bits (128 bytes exactly)

     secret-magnitude     secret.length           action
     ================     =============           ======
     1024                 1025 bits (129 bytes)   trim front byte
     1023                 1024 bits (128 bytes)   return
                                                  (sign bit (always 0)
                                                   becomes leading 0)
     1015                 1016 bits (127 bytes)   shift to end of array
                                                  (implied leading 0's)

In the second bit of code, you have the new ProviderException that you
don't have in the first.  I'm not sure how you could get into this case,
if you're % by modulus, but I guess it's good to be careful.  That said,
you should either make consistent with the above or remove.  You might
also combine the actual copy logic into a single function called from both.

P11KeyAgreement.java
====================

     // Solaris

Shouldn't this be "// Solaris/NSS", for the case in which there isn't a
leading zero?

For performance, it's a shame that engineGenerateSecret(byte[]
sharedSecret, int offset) is doing a second copy here.  Not a request to
do anything, just an observation.

DHKeyAgreement2.java
====================
 >    Security.addProvider(jce)

Good grief!  ;)  Still finding these!

I think you should include the new bugid.

      @bug 7146728

TestShort.java
New bugid

     @bug 4942494 7146728

Indention problem around the try.

Was the change at 69 because the leading zeros were being trimmed?

Brad