code review request: 8009752: Let SCDynamicStoreConfig return raw info

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Sun Mar 10 21:58:40 PDT 2013

Please review the code changes at

   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8009752/webrev.00/

On OS X we use SCDynamicStoreConfig to read krb5.conf-like info.
Currently the native method in SCDynamicStoreConfig.m returns a data
structure that mimics the internal data structure inside
sun/security/krb5/Config.java. If we decide to refactor Config to
support more features (for example, 7153718) and the data structure
needs to be adjusted, SCDynamicStoreConfig.m must be updated also.

This code change includes:

1. Modify SCDynamicStoreConfig.m so that getConfig0(key) can read
anything inside SCDynamicStore (just like a "list key" call in scutil),
and the output is the raw structure inside the store.

2. Convert these info to Config-style inside SCDynamicStoreConfig.java.
If we want to modify Config internal data in the future, we just need to
update SCDynamicStoreConfig.java. No more native codes will be touched.

A regression test is provided to partially test the correctness of
conversion in the java part. A real test on Mac OS X server will be
needed to fully test the code changes. I've personally checked in on my
own machine.

Thanks
Max