[9] RFR: 8076117: EndEntityChecker should not process custom extensions after PKIX validation

Thomas Lußnig openjdk at suche.org
Mon Apr 13 14:57:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

even if i am new in this list i looked at the solution and have an question.
Why there is an switch to turn off check for unknown critical extensions ?
>From my point of view as an developer i would say an more secure solution
would be instead of an boolean switch, make an Set<String> checkedOids as
new parameter, so it is possible to tell what is already been checked.
That mean if the "non SimpleValidator" checks only part of the critical
extensions
the EndEntityChecker  would still throw an Exception.

Gruß Thomas