[13] RFR 8215937: Check usages of security-related Resources files

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Thu Dec 27 08:11:27 UTC 2018

Please take a review at

   https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8215937/webrev.00/

A new Usages.java test is added to make sure the strings in various Resources.java files are exactly what are used in security-related source files, no more no less.

Two old tests are removed. NewNamesFormat.java checks for format and Usages.java covers it. NewResourcesNames.java is a manual test and is too stale and not easy to run.

Several calls in keytool and jarsigner are modified to follow a more consistent calling convention (always rb.getString(string_literal)) so that they can be detected by Usages.java more easily. There are still several places in PolicyFile.java calling 'LocalizedMessage.getNonlocalized(POLICY + "...", source)' but I left them unchanged and dealt with it specially in Usages.java.

Many useless strings in Resources.java files are removed. I've double checked each and made sure the related calls were removed some time ago.

Thanks
Max