RFC8410 (in)compatibility

Anders Rundgren anders.rundgren.net at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 11:03:24 UTC 2020

Hi Crypto Experts,

Please pardon my ignorance regarding curve25519, but I ran into problems [*] trying to recreate the sample certificate:

It seems that the certificate is signed with a key intended for ECDH.
Question: is Java's "Signature" object supposed to accept X25519 keys?

Personally I don't see any use of a self-signed encryption certificate so maybe this is just a bad example...kind of edge case.

Regards,
Anders Rundgren

*] java.security.InvalidKeyException: cannot identify EdDSA private key