RFR: 8245527: LDAP Cnannel Binding support for Java GSS/Kerberos

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Tue May 26 14:50:22 UTC 2020

I have a question on GssKrb5Client.java:

Do you think it's a good idea to let the SASL mechanism understand what TLS binding is? Instead of passing the whole TlsChannelBinding object through a SASL property, is it possible to only pass the actual cbData? After all, the name "com.sun.security.sasl.channelbinding" suggests it's just a general ChannelBinding which is independent with any application level info.

From my reading of the code change, it looks like this cbData can be calculated on the LDAP side.

Thanks,
Max