RFR 8244565: Accept PKCS #8 with version number 1

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Wed May 27 00:54:33 UTC 2020

Can you please take a look (not a review) at an updated webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8244565/webrev.02/? It contains the code to inspect the extra fields. I haven't deal with the "..." here yet.

However, when I tried to consolidate the DER parsing into one place, I've made more and more changes everywhere. The major change now is a base constructor PKCS8Key(byte[]) and subclass constructors that call it and no more protected parseKeyBits(). Although I don't think there is any technical error here but at the end of the day I'm asking myself if this is too much code change for such a simple bug.

Do you like the overall structure? If yes, I'll continue this way. Otherwise, I can restrict the change only inside PKCS8Key.

Thanks,
Max