[jdk17] RFR: 8268349: Provide clear run-time warnings about Security Manager deprecation [v5]

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Jun 18 06:49:23 UTC 2021

On 18/06/2021 03:51, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> :
> Given all that, do you think that we should be printing the jar file paths in this WARNING message by default? I read the linked CSR, but I didn't see why the location of the jar or the name of the jar would be useful in this warning message. As long as the caller class (and perhaps the caller method) is printed, I think that should be enough of a summary on what's triggering this warning.

It's not hugely different to the "Illegal reflective access" warnings
except I wouldn't expect many libraries to call setSecurityManager in a
running system. Instead, it tends to be the main application that
installs the SM at startup. However if code in a library were to call it
then it useful to identify where that code is.

-Alan.