RFR: 8263549: 8263412 can cause jtreg testlibrary split [v3]

Igor Ignatyev iignatyev at openjdk.java.net
Sat Mar 13 06:44:12 UTC 2021

> Hi all,
>
> could you please review this dull patch that replaces `ClassFileInstaller` w/ `jdk.test.lib.helpers.ClassFileInstaller` in all jtreg test descriptions to ensure we won't get split testlibrary, and removes `jdk/test/lib/ClassFileInstaller.java` (so it won't be accidentally used).
>
> from JBS:
>> after JDK-8263412, we might (again) encounter NCDFE b/c parts of testlibraries aren't on the classpath. this happens when jtreg builds `jdk.test.lib.helpers.ClassFileInstaller` as a part of test-specific code, but `ClassFileInstaller` as part of shared testibrary directory in one test, when in the following test, jtreg sees `ClassFileInstaller` in the shared directory, hence javac won't recompile it/its dependencies, but in runtime `jdk.test.lib.helpers.ClassFileInstaller` is nowhere to be found, hence we get NCDFE.
>
> testing:
> - [x]  `grep ' ClassFileInstaller[^.]`
> - [ ] tier1-3
>
> Thanks,
> -- Igor

Igor Ignatyev has refreshed the contents of this pull request, and previous commits have been removed. The incremental views will show differences compared to the previous content of the PR. The pull request contains one new commit since the last revision:

  fix compilation error in IncorrectAOTLibraryTest test

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/2985/files/ff6d4f91..3a3b7a84

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2985&range=02