RFR: JDK-8286666: JEP 429: Implementation of Scoped Values (Incubator)

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Tue Nov 15 14:20:50 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2 Nov 2022 16:23:34 GMT, Andrew Haley <aph at openjdk.org> wrote:

> JEP 429 implementation.

src/hotspot/share/prims/jvm.cpp line 4072:

> 4070:  */
> 4071: JVM_ENTRY(void, JVM_EnsureMaterializedForStackWalk_func(JNIEnv* env, jobject vthread, jobject value))
> 4072:   //asm("nop");

The asm("nop") was commented out to get the build working. Its inserted by the compiler now so I assume the commented now asm can be removed.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/VirtualThread.java line 318:

> 316:         }
> 317:     }
> 318:     @Hidden

Can we rename this to runWith(Runnable, Object) in both Thread and VirtualThread to keep the naming consistent if we can?