6927816 : Demo crash in heaptracker with Non-Sun JDK due to possible violation of JNI spec

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Dec 15 13:09:11 PST 2010

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> On 12/15/10 10:43 AM, Steve Poole wrote:
>
>> So what happens next?
>>

> That's it ;) The change has made its way into the TL repo. In JDK7,
> most of the work happens in such subrepositories, like TL or langtools,
> and then gets pulled up and merged into master regularly.
>
> Kelly has a blog post that describes the setup here:
> http://blogs.sun.com/kto/entry/openjdk_mercurial_wheel
>

>> and  what generally is  the process for getting this
>> change set into the main JDK 7 repo?
>>

> Kelly has another blog entry on that here:
> http://blogs.sun.com/kto/entry/openjdk_dude_where_s_my
>
> I hope this helps, if there are questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks Dalibor, I didn't get a chance to reply to Steve.

One thing to add is that currently the changes in the jdk7/tl forest are
pushed to master every two weeks along with the change-sets from other
forests such as jdk7/swing and jdk7/awt. I believe that the changes were
pulled on Monday for b123 so Steve's fix will wait for the next bus,
probably b125 (but I can't say for sure because the holidays are coming
that that usually means that a build is skipped or pushed out a week).

-Alan.