request for review: 6436034: Instance filter doesn't filter event if it occurs in native method

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Dec 16 13:11:55 PST 2010

Keith McGuigan wrote:

> :
> Ok, here's a new webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kamg/6436034/webrev.01/
>
> I added a regression test and modified the code in debugInit.cpp to
> explicitly allow running with JVMTI 1.1 if that's what the JVM
> supports.  The regression test is setup to pass when run with a JVM
> less than version 20 build 05 (where the new JVMTI function is added),
> so it should run and pass in either situation and won't require a
> later update.
The only concern is that it sets a new precedent and so may force
further enhancements to do version checks when they require a JVMTI
function added in 1.2 or later. Personally, I wouldn't object to the
JDWP agent requiring >= 1.2 and keeping things simple.

So for the test, do you plan to remove the jvmSupportsJVMTI_1_2 method
once hs20-b05 makes it into a promoted build?

-Alan.