Request for Review: 7120511: Add diagnostic commands

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Thu Jan 5 18:19:38 PST 2012

Hi Fred,

Curious about one thing. For the uptime, how does this:

+ void VMUptimeDCmd::execute(TRAPS) {
+   if (_date.value()) {
+     output()->date_stamp(true, "", ": ");
+   }
+   output()->time_stamp().update_to(tty->time_stamp().ticks());
+   output()->stamp();
+   output()->print_cr(" s");
+ }

compare to simply doing "current time - VM start time" ? I guess the
difference will be the difference between when os::elapsed_counter() was
initialized and the VM start time is initialized. But the above seems a
very non-obvious way of getting the uptime.

David
-----