Code Review Request: 7117570: Warnings in sun.mangement.* and its subpackages

Kurchi Hazra kurchi.subhra.hazra at oracle.com
Tue Jan 10 16:35:37 PST 2012

Hi Mandy,

> Agent.java
>    L221: it should keep passing "x" as the argument to the
>    UnsupportedOperationException constructor (rather than x.getCause()).
>    I actually misread this line in your previous webrev.00 that I
>    missed that "x" is already passed as the argument.
>
> GarbageCollectorImpl.java
>    L76, 78: indentation not aligned properly - one extra space.
>
> HotspotCompilation.java
>    L123,126,129: looks like there are two spaces after "c ="
>
> LazyCompositeData.java
>    L162: space before ")" can be removed.

Updated webrev with all the above changes incorporated:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~khazra/7117570/webrev.04/

> SnmpNamedListTableCache.java
>    L216,221,225: should it be List<?>  rather than List<Object>?
>    Will that help get rid of the unchecked suppressed warning?
- It does remove the suppressed warning added to this function, but will
give rise to added suppress warnings in other places. For example:

src/share/classes/sun/management/snmp/util/SnmpListTableCache.java:109
(since now the argument passed to be has to be List<?>, else the compiler
complains)

Do you still want me to change it to List<?> and not List<Object>?

> You mentioned in your previous email that sun.management and its
> subpackages are warning free with your changeset but I suspect
> there are still warnings e.g.
>    JvmMemoryImpl.java L160 - this casts the key to MemoryUsage.
This and I also see some other casts that are somehow not being
reported even if I turn on -Werror in make/sun/management/snmp. I will
let this be for the time being and first get this changeset pushed. Probably
in a new CR I will try adding -Werror to make/java/management and
make/sun/management.

Thanks,
Kurchi

--