Request for Review: 7132199: sun/management/jmxremote/bootstrap/JvmstatCountersTest.java failing on all platforms

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Mon Jan 30 03:49:00 PST 2012

Hi Staffan,

I'm somewhat confused by this problem. 6938627 is the CR that changed
from /tmp to use the java.io.tmpdir property, but that CR did not modify
the files that you have modified - so what broke these files?

Looking at your fix, wouldn't it be simpler to just set the static
tmpdir to /tmp and leave the rest of the code as-is? Why do you stop
looking in the cwd in addition to changing the tmp location? Is it
because hotspot will never write it there?

Thanks,
David